Beautiful, fully staffed traditional 7 bedroom noble villa, just a short walk to a small village and 4 miles from Lucca.
Tuscany-Lucca Area Villa 14
Standing majestically in a beautiful parkland, Villa Cosimo is an aristocratic 17th century villa offering the discerning traveler Tuscan living at its finest. The villa is nestled amid tranquil Italian gardens through which flows a fresh water brook into two small lakes overlooked by a shady weeping willow tree. Discover the magical beauty of Villa Cosimo and enjoy inspired moments of harmony, relaxation and refinement this year in Tuscany!
The grand cypress trees and fragrant lemon and herb gardens create the perfect backdrop to the private swimming pool. Amid water features, ponds and a lush garden, alfresco dining is a pure delight. Or maybe you are in the mood to just curl up underneath the shade of the enchanting gazebo entwined in vines – which is also a special spot for a romantic moment or an inspiring toast! Among its countless features, the villa offers a wine cellar, a wood burning oven in the cellar, satellite TV, DVD player and Wi-Fi. You will also find various games and a library. Your reservation includes a full staff with complimentary chef service and housekeeping.
The large and spacious frescoed rooms filled with antique furnishings offer an air of elegance throughout, as modern conveniences blend beautifully with the rich heritage of this ancient family home. Charm and character abound throughout grand reception rooms a magnificent drawing room, a cozy TV lounge, a card room, a Tuscan kitchen, a breakfast room and a lovely dining room. Overall, the villa has been decorated and furnished with an eye to the classic.
The seven luxurious bedrooms accommodate up to fourteen guests in a sublimely sophisticated ambience. All of the bedrooms include en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning and heating. The master bedroom includes a king size bed, and you will find either queens or twins in the other guest suites. Fine linens and accoutrements offer splendid nights of rest.
Built in 1624, Villa Cosimo is set in a verdant valley in the southern hills of Lucca and was once summer residence to Count Cosimo Bernardini.
The Bernardini family owned several palazzo’s in the city centre as well as many villas in the hills that surround the city and were 72 times Gonfaloniers of the Republic (magistrates of the medieval communes) from 1388 with Giovanni through to 1798 with Cosimo.
In 1805 when Napoleon installed his sister, Elisa Bonaparte and her husband Felice Baciocchi as rulers of the Principality of Lucca, the Bernardini family continued to feature in this new political order with Federico Bernardini being camp assistant to Felice Baciocchi, Duke of Lucca, and his wife, Eleonora de Nobili “dame de compagnie” of the Duchess Elisa Bonaparte, Napoleone’s sister.
7 Bedrooms/7 Bathrooms
- DVD player(s)
- Alfresco dining
- Satellite television(s)
- Wood Oven
- Wine Cellar(s)
- Main kitchen in Tuscan style
- 4 additional smaller Kitchens (1 on each floor)
- Wood burning oven in the cellar
- Breakfast room
- 2 Dining rooms with seating for 10/12
- 3 Large living rooms, 1 for each floor
- 3 Televisions, 1 in each living room
- DVD player
- Telephone on each floor
- 3 Fireplaces
- Card room
- Table football
- Air conditioned/heated bedrooms
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
- Bedroom 5: Twin size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
- Bedroom 6: Twin size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
- Bedroom 7: Twin size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
Included in the rental rates
- Daily Chef service for preparation of breakfast and one meal (lunch or dinner) 6 days a week (Wednesday day off). Food & beverage costs additional (12 euro + vat per person per breakfast and 40-45 euro + vat per person per meal).
- Daily maid service, 3 hours in the morning, 6 days a week (Sunday day off).
- Concierge service on call and on site.
- Gardener service.
- Pool Attendant service.
- Heating/air-conditioning, water, gas, electricity (we provide included in the rental rate 2000 KW for Lenka, over this amount guest will be charged accordingly to usage)
- Linen and towel change on Saturday and Wednesday
- Internet wireless connection 7MG available in every room
Excluded (at extra cost)
- Cost of food and beverages: guests will be charged 12 euro per person for breakfast and 40 euro per person per meat menu meal and 45 euro per fish menu meal.
- Additional chef, maid and staff service
- Porter service
- Driver Service
- Activities and excursion
- Event fee
- Personal grocery shopping
For the season 2017 all extra services such as: drivers, guided tours, wine tours/wine tastings, cooking classes, masseuse, hair dresser, hot-air ballooning, boat tours and many more, will be provided by the house concierge exclusively. This is for security reasons because it is important for the owners to know all the people who access the villas, in order to ensure the safety and privacy of our guests.
- Property Type
- Tuscany-Lucca Area
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Within walking distance of a village
- Outdoor pool
- Floodlit pool (20 m x 10 m x 1,5 m to 3 m)
- Alfresco dining
- Italian style garden
- Water features
- Private covered parking
- 2 Private ponds
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
May 27 - Oct 01 $33,900 Weekly
Oct 01 - Oct 28 $30,780 Weekly
Oct 28 - Dec 23 $27,360 Weekly
Dec 23 - Jan 07 $33,980 Weekly
Jan 06 - Mar 31 $24,000 Weekly
Mar 31 - May 31 $26,400 Weekly
Jun 01 - Sep 28 $28,800 Weekly
Sep 29 - Oct 31 $26,400 Weekly
Nov 01 - Dec 31 $24,000 Weekly
Christmas, New Years Eve/New Years & Easter weeks are considered high season
There are no reviews at this time.
Villa Cosimo Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!