Five bedroom (6 to 10 guests) castle inside the characteristic Chianti town of Panzano with gracious on site staff
Tuscany-Chianti Villa 10
Inside the typical village of Panzano in Chianti, you find this charming castle with stunning views over the Chianti countryside. The location hardly needs much introduction, Panzano being 10 minutes from the so-called ‘heart’ of Chianti in Greve and a town which offers a singular Sunday morning market, several good restaurants and the well-known local man-about-town, Dario the Butcher. Most everyone has an opinion of this classic character – larger than life and with a keen eye to the success of his enterprise – but no one quarrels with how he has rather single-handedly made Panzano one of the must-see Chianti villages. From the Castello you can walk down and have your cappuccino in the morning standing up in the bar, listening to the gossip all around you, then grab an International Herald Tribune and head back home. There is a good-size Sunday morning market, more than one option for buying wine and specialty foods of the region plus gift shops, ATMs, several restaurants of varying degrees of formality, etc. In other words, a complete Italian town.
The very grand and impressive architecture, now under the obligations of the Italian authorities controlling buildings of historic and cultural importance, is well accompanied by a spectacular enclosed park of about 2 1/2 hectares that comprises an olive grove, a holm oak woods and an elegant and beautifully kept Italian garden. The entire effect is dramatic and authentic and invites guests into a world of great civility and beauty.
Built in the 1500's this Castello retains the original classical architectural elements while offering the comforts of a real house. The various living areas and the comfortable bedrooms have been designed by the owner to be enjoyed with friends or families. Outside the various covered loggias, the enclosed swimming pool with large pool house featuring a kitchen, the tennis court, children's play area (swings and slide) or the small but pleasant gym make this property a small paradise. The main piazza of the village with its Sunday colourful market and the typical "trattorias" can be reached by an easy walk.
The owners of the castle frequently visit from Florence and occupy their wing of the castle, and may indeed meet you if they happen to be in residence. The furniture and decorations are their family heirlooms and the overall style reflects the traditional good taste of the Tuscan aristocracy. The significant advantage of owners who use and appreciate their property is reflected in the added value it offers guests. Over the years, continued improvements have been made to include the most important amenities, particularly WiFi and central air conditioning. As with any proper Tuscan villa, there is discreet but helpful on-site staff that has been well-trained to look after you and make sure you are really on vacation.
The Italian gardens, private fenced swimming pool, and private tennis court make it a perfect place in which to enjoy a relaxing vacation with family and friends.
The balconies in the dining room and in the twin bedroom (top floor) are not fully childproofed. We recommend children, especially those under six years old, are supervised by an adult and not left alone in this room.
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Gym Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Ironing Board
- Mosquito Nets/Fly screens
- Outdoor dining area
- Pool / Billiard Table
- Swimming Pool (Fenced/Gated)
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Swimming Pool (Private)
- Tennis Court
- TV (Satellite TV with English Channels
- Wireless broadband internet.
- Use of the tennis court.
- Cost of utility (water).
- Electricity is included up to 200 units per week (extra counted per unit).
- Gas is included up to 200 units (extra counted per unit).
- Arrival set of bed linen, bath and pool towels.
- Final cleaning
- The garden, swimming pool and tennis court are for the exclusive use of clients.
5 bedrooms/6 bathrooms 800 m2/ 8600 sq. ft.
- High walls open to open parking area for 2 - 4 cars. Grounds include hedges of rosemary and roses.
- Shady holm oak woods
- Olive grove
- Formal Italianate garden
- Pool (with straw covered pergola for shade and panoramic views)
- Pool house with living/dining area for 6 - 10 guests, efficiency kitchen
- Tennis court (artificial grass)
- Gym (3 bikes, treadmill, elliptical, pilates ball, bath with shower)
- Entrance across open upper Front Terrace with unblemished Chianti views, furnished as an outdoor living room for 10, pergola for shade
- Formal entrance from terrace into Living Room with Entry Hall and stairs beyond. Leads to Courtyard exit to town.
- Primary living room with high coffered, painted ceiling and original carved woodwork and fragments of original frescoes, centered on enormous fireplace. Central seating area for 10 - 12. CD and CD collection
- Billiards room
- Formal dining room seats 10, with 18th century boisserie, original fireplace and three double glass doors leading to dining loggia for 10 with countryside views
- TV room (TV with Satellite and Sky service, DVD player) seats 6 - 8. Two double doors open to dining loggia
- Studio with desk (DSL, fax)
- Large separate kitchen (6-gas burners, double ovens, microwave, two fridges, freezer, double sinks; most suitable for staff) with casual breakfast table
- Guest bath
- Laundry Room (washing machine, dryer), for staff use only
- Central hallway with stairs to Family Suite
- Blue Suite; double bedroom (king/twins) with screened windows offering panoramic and lovely countryside view. Dressing room. Ensuite bath (tub with wall-mounted shower, partition) double sinks and marble finishes
- Floral Suite; double (king/twins) with screened windows overlooking the garden. Dressing room. Ensuite bath (tub with wall mounted and hand-held shower, curtain) and marble finishes.
- Red Suite; double bedroom suite (king/twins) with screened windows looking west over the garden. Dressing room. Ensuite bath (tub with wall-mounted and hand-held shower, curtain)
- Family Suite; Master bedroom (king/twins) with view over formal garden. Private bath (shower stall). Children's bedroom (twins). Private bath (tub with hand-held shower, partition).
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Our Favorites
- Tennis Court
- Historic Property
- Outdoor pool
- Within walking distance of a village
Most of the year.
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
Jul 15 - Aug 26 $17,438 Weekly
Aug 26 - Sep 16 $15,741 Weekly
Sep 23 - Dec 30 $12,289 Weekly
2018 Prices on request
There are no reviews at this time.
Panzano Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!